CREW believes in the importance of a working partnership between parents and your child’s school educational team. As a parent, we understand that your number one priority is your child’s well-being. We also know how overwhelming it can be to sit in parent-teacher conferences or IEP meetings. It is important to us that you feel comfortable communicating with your child’s teachers and that you have a working understanding of how your child is being supported at school. Let us be your GPS as you navigate the school experience to make sure your child’s needs are being met.
Jennifer Billingslea and Hilary Lamb have worked as general education and special education teachers in the elementary setting in North Dallas school districts. Whether you are working through general education supports or if your child has an Individual Education Plan through Special Education, we can help guide you through the process of school supports. We can serve as a sounding board to prepare you for productive and collaborative meetings with school staff. Our goal is to empower parents with knowledge and confidence to make you an effective advocate for your child’s unique needs.
CREW’s consultation services include:
- Discussing the range of school supports from general education supports to 504 plans to Special Education services as it pertains to your child’s individual needs.
- Collaboration with parents for home reinforcement systems and routines to manage difficult behaviors and coach on appropriate replacement behaviors in the home.
- Creating individual behavior plans and social stories to reinforce the generalization of expected behaviors across home, CREW, and school settings.
- Consultation about specific educational diagnoses to help families navigate a new diagnosis such as Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD, Emotional Disturbance, or Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Reviewing your child’s Special Education Individual Education Plan (IEP) to ensure appropriate goals, accommodations, and schedule of services have been recommended.