At CREW we believe Math should be fun and meaningful. Many times students who are either bored with Math or struggle in Math have not had a teacher who has loved teaching Math. Math can be an enjoyable subject for students if it is taught the right way. In CREW Math sessions, we link Math discoveries to your child’s favorite topics and we teach practical, student-focused strategies to attack a variety of math problems. Each child understands math in unique ways. We focus on exposing your child to strategies they will see in school and strengthening the strategies that work for their individual learning style. CREW math lessons are taught in a multi-sensory manner to appeal to visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners.
Math sessions work on a variety of mathematics skills targeted by your child’s CREW teacher to build their competency and mathematical reasoning.
- Fact Fluency – Children who are successful and confident in Math have automaticity in recalling addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. Let us help your child no longer fear the timed test. Working with fact families, numerical patterns, and facts help build fact fluency.
- Word Problems – CREW teaches children to use their toolbox of problem-solving strategies to analyze what a story problem is asking, which operations to use, and carry out their plan to solve word problems.
- Money, Time, & Measurement – Practical, everyday math is critical to lifelong success. We believe children should be able to count money, tell time, and use everyday measurement tools to cook, build, and create.
- Homework Help – Oftentimes parents approach us with frustration understanding how to help their children with math homework. CREW teachers are able to help re-teach concepts covered in class and give your child strategies to complete their homework independently.
- Math Test Prep – With state standards rising, STAAR test anxiety is very real for many families. Giving children exposure to common math problems on district and state assessments as well as teaching them test-taking strategies is important. Our Math Test Prep sessions are open to students in third through fifth grades.